Shine a light on digital access and inclusion for people with disabilities. May 20 is Global Accessibility Awareness Day . Digital accessibility means that people with disabilities are empowered, can be independent, and will not be frustrated by something that is poorly designed or implemented.
Take one or all of these simple steps to create more accessible content.
- Provide alternative text for images, charts, and graphs
- Assure proper use of contrast and color
- Use headings to structure your document
- Links must be understandable out of context
- Format your lists from the tool bar
- Use tables for data not for layout
- Video and audio materials must be captioned
Post your efforts at #GAAD or #Accessibility
For more information about the Global Accessibility Awareness Day at their website: https://globalaccessibilityawarenessday.org/