The UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Foundation has opened their 2022 application.
The program offers educational scholarships to people living with epilepsy, family members, and caregivers to help them fulfill their dreams. In 2022, UCB will award 30 scholarships of up to $5,000 and three scholarships of up to $10,000 to people living with epilepsy, their family members, and caregivers pursuing higher education.
To apply, you must certify that you are:
- A legal resident of the United States
- Diagnosed with epilepsy by a physician or the immediate family member (parent, spouse, child or sibling) and/or caregiver of a person with epilepsy
- Seeking an associate’s, undergraduate, or graduate degree or enrolled in a trade school educational program
- A student who demonstrates academic and personal achievement, possesses a strong record of participation in activities outside of school, and serves as a positive role model for others
- Graduating from high school in 2022 or have already graduated from high school
- Enrolled in, or awaiting acceptance from, a United States–based center for higher learning for the fall semester 2022
- Not a previous recipient of the UCB Family Epilepsy Scholarship Program™
- Not an employee of UCB or an immediate family member of a UCB employee. Immediate family members are defined by UCB, Inc. as spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, grandchildren, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, stepchildren, stepsisters and stepbrothers. Additionally, immediate family members of healthcare professionals who directly or indirectly influence the prescribing of epilepsy medications are not eligible to apply.
The deadline application for the scholarship is due Tuesday, March 1, 2022.