The Engelstad Foundation Scholarship for Veterans was established in 2020 at USC from a generous gift from the Engelstad Family Foundation. This gives scholarships to student veterans (at the Bachelor and Master levels) from all schools within the University.
Undergraduate and graduate student veterans are both eligible. At this time, students pursuing degrees above a Master level are not included. Preference will go first towards undergraduate student veterans, with need, completing bachelor degrees, who:
· Have exhausted all of their VA benefits prior to USC or while at USC
· Will exhaust their benefits while at USC and will have remaining need
· Have a less than 100% eligibility for their VA benefits
· Have a less than 100% GI Bill that makes them ineligible for Yellow Ribbon scholarships
We welcome you to apply for the 2021-2022 year. We’d like to give you continued support as an Engelstad Foundation Scholar while you are a student at USC. If you received an award last year, please also fill out an application.
Please answer the supplementary questions and upload:
· Your VA ebenefits remaining (you can access them from https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/)
· Your academic plan (that you and your academic advisor have agreed upon)
· The scholarship will be awarded at the same time for both the Fall and Spring semester.
· You can apply if you are a Spring admit as well.
· If you are being considered for this award, you will be required to apply for financial aid if you haven’t done so already. This is one of the conditions of the scholarship.
· Scholarship opens 9/15/2021.
· Scholarship closes 9/22/2021 at 11:59pm PDT.
· Those who are selected for the scholarship will be notified with emailed award letters no later than 10/4/2021.
· Awards will be distributed by 10/15/2021.
Please direct questions to email@example.com.